Lyn-Lake Psychotherapy & Wellness Training Offering
Friday November 22nd
Integrating Acupuncture and Psychotherapy
Presented by: Andrea CyrL.Ac, MAOM -Licensed Acupuncturist
In this workshop we will explore what experiences of symptoms, sensation and emotions can tell you through the filter of Traditional Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture. We will cover practical techniques for supporting a person’s sense of orientation with mind/body/spirit integrated, drawing out and re-defining personal health and grounding one’s physical/emotional story in space and time.
Participants in this two-hour how training will learn to:
- Identify 3 concepts in Traditional Chinese Medicine that inform contemporary clinical practice:
– The climate of the emotional/physical body
– How the body interacts with the environment
– Health through the lens of movement, energetic density, location, and metabolic activity
- Gain and practice skills to re-establish equilibrium in the moment and over the long haul: breathing technique, moving meditation form and acupressure.
- Identify areas where acupuncture compliments psychotherapy and supports clients and practitioners in terms of preventative health care, chronic conditions and short term symptoms.
Please be advised, the 2019 training series has not been pre-approved for CEUs. Please contact your board directly to ensure trainings meet requirements for CEUs.
Andrea Cyr L.Ac,
MAOM – Licensed Acupuncturis
Lake Calhoun Center:
3033 Excelsior Blvd.
Register online at: