Testing and Assessment Services
LLPW offers a wide range of Psychotherapy and Wellness services with diverse clinicians. Flexible daytime and evening appointments are available to help accommodate your varied schedules; sessions are held in a beautiful, modern office environment.
List of Testing and Assessment Services
Lyn-Lake Psychotherapy & Wellness provides comprehensive psychological testing and assessment services to school-age children, adolescents, and adults from diverse cultural backgrounds in the Twin Cities. State-of-the-art instruments are used to assist with clarifying symptoms, diagnoses, personality presentations, character traits, defenses, interpersonal skills, relationship styles, cognitive functioning, and/or emotional make-up.
Psychological testing at LLPW are an effective, reliable, & accurate way to gather complicated information efficiently and quickly about an individual’s way of being and their strengths and vulnerabilities. Each evaluation utilizes qualitative and quantitative measures resulting in the most thorough evaluation available with recommendations and referrals for treatment.
The process of psychological assessment includes a thorough clinical interview, a review relevant records, the collection, scoring, & interpretation of test measures, preparation of an evaluation report which will include a diagnostic impression & comprehensive recommendations, an in-depth explanation of test results, diagnoses, and recommendations for treatment to the client and/or their referral source, and a copy of the report.
Types of Assessments Provided at LLPW:
- Cognitive/IQ Assessments
- Capacity of Independent Living/Adaptive Functioning
- Assessment of Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder
- Assessment of Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Screening for Neuropsychological Problems
- Memory Assessment
- Assessment of Executive Functions
- Personality and Emotional Assessments
- Assessment of the Impact of Trauma on Psychological Functioning
- Assessment of Self-Concept
- Assessment of Coping Skills and Stress Management.
- Assessment of Interpersonal Relations (including bullying, aggression, and violent behavior)
- Forensic Assessment of Mental Health Needs for Probation or Court
- Immigration N-648 Disability Waivers
- Psychological Evaluations related to Asylum and Hardship
Chemical Health Assessment
Chemical Health Assessments are needed or requested for many reasons including:
- A legal infraction, such as a DWI arrest or conviction, a possessions charge, etc.…
- Custody/parenting evaluation
- Your own personal concern
- An employer’s concern around substance use at work
- A request from a concerned person/loved one
It is understandable that a Chemical Health Assessment can often times feel a little overwhelming and intimidating. However, a Chemical Health Assessment is simply a questionnaire that is completed by a Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor (LADC) which is designed to assess the current use of alcohol and/or other drugs by an individual, to determine if their use pattern possibly puts them on the continuum of substance abuse. The assessment typically takes between one and two hours to complete and the questions cover many aspects of the individuals life including; chemical use past and present, physical and mental health, employment, recreation/hobbies, family/home life and the individuals perspective of their own chemical use.
Get In Touch
We look forward to hearing from you, whether you’re requesting your first appointment, submitting your resume to be considered as either an associate or an intern, or just have a question or comment.