Lyn-Lake ProvidersOur psychotherapists bring a range of expertise to our strengths-based, relational, approach. With training and experience that spans addiction, art therapy, eating disorders, gender identity, mood disorders, sex therapy, EMDR, somatic-based psychology and beyond, each LLPW psychotherapist contributes a unique perspective to our varied therapy methods. It's that range of experience that helps our clients benefit from treatment that's as unique as they are.
Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
I work with individuals, couples, and families who have been impacted by trauma, anxiety, panic, depression, grief, life transitions, and adoption. I specialize in relational issues: couples, family members, friends, or coworkers.
I am a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist. I work with individuals, couples, and families who have been impacted by trauma, anxiety, panic, depression, grief, life transitions, and adoption. I specialize in relational issues: couples, family members, friends, or coworkers. I tailor my approach based on your needs. Much of my work is geared toward helping you understand yourself, helping you be conscious of your reactions, gaining coping skills, and learning new ways to attain positive life changes. I use a holistic approach to achieve cognitive, emotional, and physical well-being. I incorporate mindfulness, guided relaxation, and mind-body work into the therapeutic process. These methods have been shown to be effective ways to foster positive, long-lasting change.
I want to be there to support you, to hear your story, and to help you discover your strengths. I believe it is never too late to make positive change, to redirect your life and learn about yourself. I know this from my own personal experience as an adoptee, a wife, and a mother. I have undergone my own share of hardships, tough decisions, and life lessons. I truly believe it is never too late to find joy, contentment, and belonging. Our past errors are learning opportunities. When you learn to understand yourself and develop coping tools, increased self-awareness, and improved self-confidence and self-compassion, you learn to love yourself and others.
Learn and discover your strengths, new coping skills, and self-love.
Certificates, Training, Education:
- NTI Adoption Competency Coaching and Training for trauma in adoption and foster care
- ITC, Immunity to Change facilitators training
- TFCBT, Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Micro-facial and body language training
- Motivational Interviewing
Currently learning SE (Somatic Experiencing), a 3year course created by Peter A. Levine, Ph.D
Currently learning RLT (Relational Life Therapy), created by Terry Real
Graduate School: Adler Graduate School
Practicing psychotherapy since 2013
University of MN: BA
- Songs of My Families, a memoir about adoption by Kelly Fern
- MN Voices: From Korea to Minnesota and Back
- From Heartache to Happiness, The StarTribune
- Minnesota Women’s Press: Of Daughters, Mothers, Distance and Healing
- Encapsulated and Constructive Marginals: Adoption
- Kelly Fern book reading at Magers and Quinn
- Kelly and others speak about adoption on NPR
- Kelly speaks with Joel Boggess about courage, love, and Forgiveness
It's our range of experience that helps our clients benefit from treatment that's as unique as they are.
Come meet the team